Tuesday, February 12, 2013

When Will Cupid Strike

Andy recently posted a spread on his blog here which is basically, about what, when & how of "when will I meet the one".

1. Why you've not found love/partner.
Ten of Swords:
This card has appeared for me more often than any other card in a love reading. Basically this card talks about ending,  completion & you have hit the rock bottom. Its been longer than 3yrs now & somehow, mentally I'm still getting over it. 
This card can literally mean feeling like a victim. Although I do admit my mistakes when I look back & talk about my past, I do admit my mistakes & I did learn a lot from them. Somehow I am still not ready to get up, pull the swords out of my back & move on. I have to get out of this self-pity like approach in love.



2. How to overcome any issues in card one.

Queen of Pentacles:
This Queen, unlike the Queen of Wands (Fire) is very serious about relationships. she does not believe in short-term flings or just flirting with anyone. She is the woman who would protect her King, make a home with him, serve him breakfast every morning & make babies with him. 
This Queen may also be a woman, other than myself, who can help me with overcoming my fear of "failing" my next relationship. I usually do not make friends with Earth signs, although I have lot of Earth in me, but this woman can be an example for me, how to make a relationship successful.


3. What is the most positive thing you can do now.
Four of Pentacles:
This is the card I used to describe my ex actually. This man in this picture actually often reminded me of him, because in his case I did just that, held on TOO tightly. 
This card is all about holding on tight. Since its a Four number & also Pentacles, we can relate it to material security & stability too. This is exactly what I am doing right now, & letting matters lose as well at the same time, because I believe I sometimes try to be too much in control of circumstances ..
Both How to & what to do are pentacles. I see that financial matters and stability, more practical approach is needed. Its really hard for me with Venus in Gemini but I have lot of Earth in me, so I just need to let loose.

4. Who is the partner for you.
Nine of Pentacles:
Interestingly, when I put y story or my goals in cards, Nine of Pentacles is always the card I put before 10 of Cups and 10 of Pentacles, these two cards being the ultimate goal of mine in terms of relationships. I want to be happy and care-free and financially well-off on my own, forming my own individual identity before I step in to a relationship. Now the same card is representing the man for me. This person is someone on-my-own type, which is BTW my type. This man is more a self-reliant type & is possibly enjoying the fruits of his labours right now & one thing he misses is Love.
Another reference that is made with this card is though, that of a person who is happily single. This actually worries me a bit, because when you are under the influence of Nine of Pentacles card, you just do not want to be in a relationship.

5. Where you will meet.
Nine of Cups:

The only place I can think when I look at this card is an exhibition. The Cups suit is also related to family & emotions, so someone in family is presenting something, may be a friend's celebration or something. 





6. When you will meet.

Emperor

The only Major arcana card in my spread which is easy to pin point the time since Emperor is associated with Aries. Sun will be moving to Aries in next month. Lets see what happens...

SUMMARY: 
There is the dominant suit of Pentacles, so despite the Nine of Pentacles as "HIM" I'm still thinking if it will be something long-term. 

I welcome opinions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment